CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

4th of July = Good Times

4th of July was pretty sweet!!! Saturday started around 9:00 am with Jade’s dad waking me up to help get things ready for “Ben-jammin’s Annual 4th of July Barbecue”. They were nice enough to let me stay the night on Friday, so I wouldn’t have to drive back out Saturday morning. I got up and helped set up chairs and arrange the sign in poster… this is a big event and a pretty big deal for Jade’s dad. A lot of preparation goes into the whole thing, so he had a poster with the invitation in the center that everyone could sign. I also helped make a music playlist for the party that I think was pretty good. The food was really really good as always… pulled pork sandwiches, raspberry chipotle chicken, Fish, and tons of smoked ribs!!! Plus, tons of tasty sides and desserts.

After the party we met up with our friends Austin and Natalie at Seaport Village in downtown San Diego, where we set out a blanket to watch the fireworks on the bay. We walked around Seaport Village and had some guy draw caricatures of us. The fireworks were really good as always, and of course the traffic getting out of there was crazy, but it was well worth it. Jade and I drove back out to Murrieta to chill and spend the Sabbath with my family. It was one of my favorite 4th of July weekends to date. Good times!!!

0 comments: