CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 26, 2008

A Tasty, Healthy Treat!


I'm taking a nutrition class this summer at MSJC and one of our discussion board assignments was to try something that is truly "whole grain". I'm finding out how unhealthy things can be, even when they seem healthy. The whole grain bread I get from Stater Bro's is full of bad stuff..... (sorry, I'm not trying to act like a crazy health nut, because I'm not even that hard core.) Anyways, I tried the Ezekiel 4:9 bread, basically they take the Bible verse very literally and make the bread described in the text:

"Take thou also unto thee wheat, and barley,
and beans, and lentiles, and millet, and
afitches,
and put them in one vessel, and make thee bread thereof...."


I bought a loaf of the original and a loaf of the cinnamon raisin. It is good stuff!!!! It costs about $3 a loaf, but it's pretty dang good and way healthy. I'm totally a fan and will probably purchase it regularly. Just thought I'd share my newest discovery!!!!

2 comments:

Tristen said...

Sounds fun! I'll watch for it at our stores!

Tristen said...

No posting about your trip to San Fran!? Aren't you guys the picture takers?? I want to hear more about your trip!