CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 18, 2008

American Shaolin



This book is amazing!!!! I have been trying to start reading books more than just sitting in front of the T.V. all day. This book has definitely helped me fulfill my new goal.... I can't put the thing down. It's a pretty easy read.

Mathew Polly (the author) recounts his experience of his 2 year quest to China's famous Shaolin Temple. I love his purpose, and I love how he describes his experience. It reminds me of my mission to Uruguay..... only he is there to better understand Kung-Fu. He really immerses himself in the Chinese culture and you learn a lot about it.

I think it is a good book to read for anyone who enjoys reading about self discovery. You can see the evolution of Polly as he continues to sacrifice ("taste the bitter") through his journey in order to truly grow from the experience.

I'm definitely not a good journalist or nothing. Can't say this short synopsis is worthy of making it anywhere past my little blog. It's good stuff though.

1 comments:

Matthew Polly said...

Robbie,
Thanks for the kind words about my book. I'm very glad you enjoyed it.

Matthew Polly